Could a Myers Cocktail be Your Ticket to Vitality?
IV hydration therapy has become an integral aspect of functional and performance medicine in recent years. Adults of all ages are discovering the better way to supplement what they aren’t getting from their normal dietary habits. Of the various customized IV drips that are made today, the Myers Cocktail is one of the most well-known.
What is a Myers Cocktail?
The Myers Cocktail is a nutritional formulation that delivers essential substances that are not naturally synthesized in the body. These include:
- Necessary fluids. A sterile saline solution provides the ideal base for optimal delivery of vital nutrients into the bloodstream. In addition to ushering vitamins and minerals into the blood, IV fluids also provide an intense boost of hydration.
- Vitamin B12. This essential vitamin supports bone health, red blood cell formation, energy levels, mood, memory, and more.
- Vitamin C. An immunity and collagen supporter, vitamin C is not a supplement that can be given in high doses orally. The digestive system cannot process it. IV delivery enables us to deliver higher doses for better impact.
- Magnesium participates in numerous physiological processes, including sleep regulation and muscle recovery and regeneration.
What Myers Cocktail IV Therapy Can Do
IV nutritional therapy is not only for those who expect their bodies to perform at high levels, nor is it reserved only for those who may be struggling with a health condition such as cancer. IV therapy is for nearly any person who wants to get through cold and flu season unscathed, or who wants to feel their best as they age. Some of the ways that a Myers Cocktail can contribute to optimal health include:
- Strengthen immunity via high dose vitamin C.
- Improved nerve health via vitamin B12 and magnesium (helpful for those with fibromyalgia)
- Improved memory by boosting the health of brain cells
- Enhanced energy via vitamin B12
- Healthy red blood cells via vitamin B12 and vitamin C, both involved in supporting healthy iron levels.
- Overall disease prevention. The contents in a Myers Cocktail support the cells in numerous ways, including the fighting free radicals that are responsible for the cellular damage that precedes disease.
Dr. Ong helps patients in the Scottsdale area identify where nutritional deficiencies exist and how to deal with them. To learn more about nutritional testing and IV therapy like the Myers Cocktail, call (480) 771-7771.
Functional Medicine & Cellular Health
The comments are closed.