Liposuction Treatment Areas You May Want to Know
Body contouring is a common goal shared by many adults. We all have our own bar that we set for ourselves in terms of our physique but, whatever that is, we can feel frustrated when it seems impossible to achieve. For many of our patients who have been on the hamster-wheel of dieting and working out but just can’t seem to reach their ideal shape, liposuction can be the turning point they need. Having this procedure doesn’t mean the work is done. What it means is that the healthy lifestyle a person has implemented can now work to maintain what they’ve got rather than fall short of achieving a difficult goal.
When you hear the term liposuction, your mind may immediately go to the most common treatment area, the abdomen. Here, the procedure removes stubborn fat that is causing a muffin top or that bulges too much to feel confident wearing a long, straight dress or shirt. People with excess abdominal fat often try to disguise this area with loose clothing, only to find that it makes them look larger than they are. For the person who is near their ideal weight, abdominal liposuction can be a game-changer for their confidence and their motivation for future lifestyle habits. Besides the abdomen, though, we might overlook the many other areas where liposuction can be advantageous. These include:
- The chin and upper neck. For patients with good skin elasticity, liposuction may be a fast and convenient way to eliminate a double chin and improve jawline contours.
- The bra area. Excess fat can bulge at the sides of the bra just in front of the armpits. It can also bulge over the bra line at the back. Both of these areas can be sculpted using liposuction. The SmartLipo procedure may be ideal for these smaller pockets of fat.
- The backs of the arms. Excess fat can cause the bat-wings that wave when we don’t want them to. When skin elasticity is good, liposuction alone may correct this problem.
- The sides of the chest. Liposuction is often a primary aspect of male breast reduction treatment.
- The flanks, hips, and buttocks area. Liposuction is not typically performed directly on the buttocks mounds, but on the upper, outer region of the backside, to achieve a nice shape.
- The inner and outer thighs. Fat pockets here can be very difficult to target but respond nicely to liposuction.
Body contouring can be a difficult goal to achieve without some help. In our Scottsdale office, patients can explore liposuction and nonsurgical protocols to reduce unwanted fat. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Ong, call (480) 771-7771.
The comments are closed.